The primary purpose of this position is to design data modeling processes to create algorithms and predictive models. The position will use the tools created/designed to support targeted custom analysis among a multitude of data sources to identify issues, solve problems, and improve business outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
• Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques, and business strategies.
• Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
• Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
• Use predictive modeling to improve revenue generation, operational productivity, and support department efficiencies.
• Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
• Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
• Design and lead projects that utilize machine learning algorithms to power strategic business workflows or tasks.
• Perform data analysis as needed to provide data supported insights and recommendations to leadership to support successful achievement of company goals or other critical business interests.
• Apply business strategy while driving technology strategy, balancing short term and long term needs to ensure that the architecture can scale and evolve accordingly
• Manage multiple resources and projects concurrently to ensure successful completion of analytics projects.
• Responsible to stay informed and keep up with the latest industry trends and best practices related to data science and machine learning as needed to support optimal departmental system and business performance.
• Provide excellent communication materials or verbal messaging as needed to clearly communicate instructions and sensitive information to staff and customers (both internal and external) in a manner that will be easily understood by the intended audience.
• Maintain good working knowledge of current healthcare issues and changes in healthcare.
• Attend meetings, client functions, and sponsorship activities to enhance the image of GMR while strengthening customer relations.
• Comply with company’s and department’s processes and procedures for monitoring reporting accuracy and system issues. Procedures should provide for related issue resolution tracking and timely user communication methods.
• Provide periodic training or other informational public speaking presentations to internal and external audiences to promote the department and company goals.
• Participate in relevant local and national associations, organizations, data conferences, workshops, seminars, etc. as appropriate.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Support and promote an environment where team members can develop their skills and grow their careers through taking on increased responsibility and adding value to the organization.
• Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel employees, and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel when appropriate. Work to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results.
• Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
• Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures, to attend Information Systems security training when offered, and to report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• PhD or MS in Data Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
• Minimum of four (4) years working experience in a data science using data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab) is required.
• Minimum of two (2) years working experience in Geographic Information Systems is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
• Proficiency with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
• Experience with manipulation of large volumes of data.
• Experience using APIs to access data.
• Experience applying methods and principles to solve applied problems.
• Experience working with and creating data architectures.
• Broad and deep data and analytics skills such as classification, communication, creativity, diagnostics, metrics / measurement, organizing, prioritization, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and research.
• Knowledge of a variety of machine learning algorithms and statistical techniques (regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
• Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
• A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
• Possesses distinctive problem solving and analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment.
• Able to deal with ambiguity by taking many factors into account, determining strategy, and maintaining efforts to meet the strategy.
• Highly organized with an ability to work under tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
• Some background in or knowledge of emergency medical services.
• Strong business acumen coupled with the ability to communicate findings to both business and IT leaders in a way that can influence how an organization approaches a business challenge.
• Recognize business and challenges and influence people and organizations, including executive management, when issues are complex/difficult and require considerable diplomacy.
• Able to elevate and challenge the existing use of data.
• Excellent interpersonal and persuasive communications skills – incumbent must be a good listener and be able to translate client needs into “value added” services that GMR can provide to the client.
• Capable of presenting training or other public speaking presentations to small and large audiences in a clear, relaxed, and confident manner.
• Strong customer service orientation and the ability/commitment to resolve problems in a timely manner.
• A strong strategic thinker who can both set strategy and deliver a high attention to detail.
• Demonstrated experience with change management and strong people skills. Must be able to foster a team environment and build trusted interpersonal relationships.
• Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization with tact and diplomacy.
• Strong project management skills. Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
• Must be able to travel 5-10% regularly and more/less at times.
• Proven analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to work with others in a high volume fast paced environment as well as ability to work in remote location with little direct interaction with other employees.
• Must be a self-starter and have the ability to perform analysis of data with limited supervision.
• Proficient understanding of data base structures, relational databases, and concepts.