This position will lead and manage the company’s National Dashboards and Data Science team. The primary purpose of this position is to manage, improve, and expand the data warehousing from various sources and systems into a centralized repository. Using that repository, this position will further manage the development of key reports and dashboards. The position will work closely with multiple internal customers and IT teams to turn the centralized data into critical monitored metrics that support data driven management tasks and leadership decisions throughout the organization. This position will collaborate with cross functional teams comprised of stakeholders, leaders, and subject matter experts to gather requirements, test designs, and validate results prior to publishes to production. To be effective, the Analytics Director must acquire and maintain a solid understanding of project related business processes, metrics, goals etc., to at least a level sufficient for critical data issue identification, troubleshooting, and resolution. The Analytics Director must possess an advanced working knowledge of a variety of data visualization and management tools. The position must also be able to perform multiple roles including data architect, report developer, metadata modeler, SQL programmer, and end user trainer/mentor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with GMR leadership to develop and implement services and products that are in line with the overall objectives of the company.
• Facilitate the establishment and execution of a roadmap and vision for information delivery and management, including the enterprise data warehouse, big data, BI & analytics, machine learning, content management, data mining, and data management
• Provide management visibility into data-driven insights that inform the business’s strategic direction and key performance indicators (KPIs).
• Build upon, improve, and maintain the GMR national data repository (MDM).
• Design and lead projects that utilize machine learning algorithms to power strategic business workflows or tasks.
• Perform data analysis as needed to provide data supported insights and recommendations to leadership to support successful achievement of company goals or other critical business interests.
• Apply business strategy while driving technology strategy, balancing short term and long term needs to ensure that the architecture can scale and evolve accordingly
• Manage multiple resources and projects concurrently to ensure successful completion of analytics projects.
• Ensure strong operational processes are in place to deliver across all areas of responsibility.
• Accountable for the overall management of analytic projects, including profitability, timeliness, quality, and client value.
• Responsible to stay informed and keep up with the latest industry trends and best practices related to tasks, data warehousing, and analytics as needed to support optimal departmental system and business performance.
• Provide excellent communication materials or verbal messaging as needed to clearly communicate instructions and sensitive information to staff and customers (both internal and external) in a manner that is easily understandable by the intended audience.
• Build and maintain an annual budget that promotes maximum financial return on investment with available resources.
• Maintain strong working knowledge of current healthcare issues and changes in healthcare.
• Attend meetings, client functions, and sponsorship activities to enhance the image of GMR while strengthening customer relations.
• Develop and maintain processes and procedures for monitoring reporting accuracy and system issues. Procedures should provide for related issue resolution tracking and timely user communication methods.
• Provide periodic training or other informational public speaking presentations to internal and external audiences to promote the department and company goals.
• Participate in relevant local and national associations, organizations, data conferences, workshops, seminars, etc. as needed.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Creates an environment where team members can develop their skills and grow their careers through taking on increased responsibility and adding value to the organization.
• Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel employees, and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel when appropriate. Work to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results. Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc.
• Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
• Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures, to attend Information Systems security training when offered, and to report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• BS or BA in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Health and Safety or equivalent experience required.
• MS or MA in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Health and Safety or equivalent experience preferred.
• Minimum of four (4) years working experience in a data analytics is required.
• Minimum of four (4) years demonstrated experience in business process analysis, data architecture design and development as well as the implementation of workflow enabled solutions is required.
• Minimum of two (2) years of successful experience bringing together diverse functions and building teams that include data analytics and warehousing personnel, guiding them through successful data analytic projects is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Good understanding of the emergency and non-emergency medical transportation business.
• Must possess an advanced working knowledge of a variety of data visualization and management tools.
• Possesses distinctive problem solving and analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment.
• Proficient understanding of query languages, data base structures, relational databases, and concepts.
• Highly capable of performing multiple roles including data architect, report developer, metadata modeler, SQL programmer, and end user trainer/mentor.
• Highly organized with an ability to work under tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
• Highly professional and presentable with a strong business acumen.
• Able to deal with ambiguity by taking many factors into account, determining strategy, and maintaining efforts to meet the strategy.
• Excellent interpersonal and persuasive communications skills – incumbent must be a good listener and be able to translate client needs into “value added” services that GMR can provide to the client.
• Capable of presenting training or other public speaking presentations to small and large audiences in a clear, relaxed, and confident manner.
• Strong customer service orientation and the ability/commitment to resolve problems in a timely manner.
• A strong strategic thinker who can both set strategy and deliver a high attention to detail.
• Demonstrated experience with change management and strong people skills. Must be able to foster a team environment, build trusted interpersonal relationships, and drive productivity and excellent performance.
• Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization with tact and diplomacy.
• Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
• Strong project management skills. Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
• Solid and broad understanding of all aspects of fiscal management and information technology.
• Must be able to travel 10-15% regularly and more/less at times.
• Proven analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with various levels within the organization.
• Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work with others in a high volume, fast paced environment and have the ability to work remotely with little direct interaction with other employees and limited supervision.