We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical professionals and leaders! Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us. With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Registered Nurse provides direct patient care and employee medical services in accordance with applicable state EMS protocols and/or medical direction. Additionally, the Registered Nurse assists with coverage of open nurse support/services as needed with their assigned GMR area. The Nurse will also provide direct patient care in accordance with company protocols and/or online medical direction. Assists with the coverage of open shifts as needed in the assigned area.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES QUALIFICATIONS:
- Responsible for completion/submission of electronic patient care records, daily base checks and narcotics inventory control.
- Provides pre-hospital and intra-hospital advanced life support care from initial contact until patient care is relinquished to the accepting medical facility maintaining thorough patient care documentation.
- Maintains competency, knowledge, and psychomotor skills by participating in ongoing laboratory and clinical experiences.
- Maintains documentation of required licensure, certifications, continuing education, safety, and advanced procedures in the Employee Education Manual.
- Knowledgeable in the use and routine maintenance of all equipment and supplies used by emergency programs.
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, EMS representatives, hospitals, and the public sectors.
- Responsible for filling open or vacant shifts within assigned area as deemed appropriate by the Regional Director.
- Participates regularly in departmental activities, projects, and EMS committees.
- Attends and participates in meetings according to established guidelines.
- Undertakes and maintains projects as assigned.
- Acts as a mentor and/or participates in the orientation of new employees.
- Participates in continuing education programs.
- Will instruct classes as directed by the CES Manager.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an emergency or critical care setting required.
Certifications & Education –
- Current RN licensure within the United States served by the assigned business unit area required.
- EMT Certification in state(s) where required.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP required. Will be required to obtain trauma certification within 6 months of hire.
- Advanced Certification (CEN, CCRN, CFRN) preferred, required within 12 months from the date of hire. • Instructor certifications in BLS, ACLS, PALS/PEPP, ITLS/PHTLS preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret health and flight-related journals, hospital reports and job specific legal documentation.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to patient care.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your Covid-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.