The Shop Assistant reports directly to the Hangar Manager and provides assistance in maintaining a clean, safe and organized work environment in the Hangar and Maintenance Department. This position is responsible for accurately maintaining shop supply inventory and related shipping/receiving duties as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for maintaining clean, orderly, and safe work environment in the hangar as directed.
• Maintains and organizes shop supplies and expendables used in daily operations
• Orders and maintains inventory of shop supplies to include but not limited to chemicals, expendables, bench stock, and tooling as required.
• Verifies on a weekly basis expiration dates and disposes of expired items
• Acts as support for mechanics when parts and additional maintenance resources are required.
• Responsible for receiving all MCC deliveries to include distributing those deliveries to the responsible parties. Also responsible for shipping of all parts and tooling out of MCC.
• Supports all REACH Bases/Departments with professionalism.
• Interacts on a regular basis with Shop AMT’s, Base AMT’s, aircraft maintenance company representatives, FAA, and others as required.
• Works on special projects as required.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
• High School Diploma; or GED Equivalent required
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Familiar with OSHA and MSDS standards and procedures preferred.
• Interest in a career in aviation or enrolled in A&P Certificate Program strongly preferred
• Ability to read and interpret technical manuals
• Familiar with standard aviation/mechanical concepts, practices and procedures preferred
• Valid CA Driver’s License required. May occasionally travel to other REACH bases to deliver parts or tooling. Ability to obtain a CDL strongly preferred.
• Strong work ethic and initiative with an ability to work a flexible schedule as required
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Responds to the needs of those served and demonstrates concern for meeting those needs.
• Tailors each interaction to the specific needs of the person and/or situation.
• Responds quickly, safely and efficiently to problems that arise while providing service and/or leadership.
• Demonstrates consistent, clear and positive interpersonal communication.
• Is receptive, responsive and realistic.
• Provides timely, constructive feedback that contributes to others' development (each member must demonstrate a commitment to help each other succeed).
• Takes responsibility for individual and team actions, decisions and results.
• Measures progress against agreed upon plans and stated goals.
• Dedicated to team success.
• Performs work with high quality and excellence.
• Dependable and delivers on established timelines.
• Thinks broadly when seeking new ways to improve performance, processes and services.
• Seeks out and utilizes best practices.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Utilize visual acuity to read technical information, use hands to finger, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Perform activities requiring a moderate amount of standing, sitting, and walking.
• Capable of lifting 50lbs.
Work Environment: Entails exposure to indoor and outdoor weather conditions, may be exposed to loud aircraft noise, fumes, gasses, odors, dust particles and mechanical/electrical and chemical hazards.
• Must have access to reliable transportation to maintain an acceptable level of attendance and dependability.
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Hangar Maintenance Manager.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
PLEASE NOTE: COVID-19 vaccination is NOT a condition of employment, or for consideration for employment with the GMR Family of Companies. However, upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your COVID-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.